Friday, February 10, 2012

Film Review: Tangled (2010)


I've just realized that all of the movies I have reviewed so far have been from 2010. I don't know why this is. Perhaps that's about as recent as Netflix movies come, I don't know. I promise to try and spice it up a bit later.

But anyway, the other day my roommate and I were ecstatic to see that the newest animated Disney film was now on Netflix, Tangled! Nobody who had a childhood can resist the allure of an animated Disney film, no mater how old they get. Don't act like you can. If you don't like Disney movies you have no soul and are clearly a psychopath.

Tangled is a retelling of Rapunzel, in which Rapunzel is kidnapped as a baby by an evil witch who wants her for her hair which contains the fountain of youth or something. This movie is my new favorite. The entire thing is a fairly obvious virginity metaphor (the song "Mother Knows Best" will confirm this for you if you are in denial) and for some reason the whole falling-in-love-in-a-day trope was surprisingly easy to swallow in this movie, the characters were pretty well developed.

The songs in this movie are pretty mediocre in all honesty, except for the song in the bar and Mother Knows Best. But the plot and animation in this movie is amazing. I would recommend it for anyone.

Entertainment Value: 5
Artistic Value: 5

2 comments:

  1. it really was pretty flippin' awesome. proud owner of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not usually a fan of Disney movies but I watched "Tangled" and I didn't think it was half bad. I think this was a great movie to review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete